Alkaline Hair Removal
This is one of our most popular treatments.
Removing facial hair, especially fine, downy facial hair, has been typically very difficult to treat with other therapies as the hair is either too light in colour, or two thin to penetrate.
The treatment is completely pain free, although in some cases skin can appear reddened and warm which is normal and will subside after a short period of time.
Cheeks (includes side of face), $85
Cheeks + Under Jaw, $95
Cheeks + Under Jaw + Down Neck, $105
Face (includes forehead, but not past jaw), $105
Face, Under Jaw, and Neck, $120
Take your treatment next level by finishing with our award winning clinical LED · Add $50
About Alkaline Hair Removal
The DMK hair removal solution is a powder that is mixed into a paste and applied to the desired area for a short period of time, depending on the coarseness of the hair. The treatment is not like a hair removal cream. It is of much higher pH, for the purpose of not only hair removal but reducing hair re-growth as some of the solution enters the hair shaft, damaging and weakening the papilla which the hair grows from. Although the treatment is perfectly safe it does require the skills of a therapist who has been through advanced DMK training.
What to expect from your Alkaline Hair Removal Treatment?
1. On the day of your treatment, the technician will apply the DMK hair removal solution to the areas being treated. Let the technician know if you experience any change in sensation so that they can remove the solution immediately.
2. After the application is completed, the technician will remove the solution and neutralise. Your skin may look shiny and slightly pink.
3. The technician will finish the treatment by applying a range of the DMK products designed to rebalance the skin and provide transdermal nutrition to your skin.
4. Beginning the day after the treatment, you should follow any home care prescribed by the technician.
5. Do not sunbathe or use a solarium for 24 hours after your treatment. After you must apply transdermal sunblock if you are going to have any exposure to the sun. Should you choose, you can start using make-up as desired.
6. You may have some superficial scabs caused by the DMK hair removal solution. You must not pull, pick or scratch at the dead skin. It is very important that you allow this skin to detach naturally.
7. Three days after the DMK Hair Removal Treatment you need to exfoliate at home.
We recommend either DMK foamy lift and exoderma masque, or DMK micro peel.
NOTE: Each individual’s result will vary depending on their type of hair and skin condition
As hair and skin are both proteins, Alkaline Wash will dissolve hair, it is also possible because of this that it may dissolve some skin. If skin is dissolved it will be superficial and is not usually harmful to the skin.
Is Alkaline Wash bad for my skin?
No, Alkaline Wash is used in many of our skin revision systems and it not bad for the skin. We always finish the treatment with the appropriate products to restore optimal skin health.
Will my hair grow back thicker or darker?
It is unlikely for your hair to grow back thicker or darker as the DMK hair removal solution weakens and eventually reduces the hair growth.
How often will I need this done?
When you first start, you will have a treatment as often as you would wax the area. As the hair growth weakens, your treatments will become further and further apart. These treatments are progressive
Body Hair Removal
Alkaline Hair Removal Wash is also an amazing treatment for the treatment of Folliculitis on the body and almost any area can be treated and is especially popular for male clients on the back and chest.
It's also popular for the removal of fine hair on the stomach and lower back.
Alkaline can work well in-conjunction with Electrolysis for thicker, stray and hormonal hairs, and also laser hair removal. We offer both of these treatments - please contact the salon to learn more.
Take your treatment next level by finishing with our award winning clinical LED · Alkaline + LED $130